Welcome to my new job transitioning services blog. Establishing this blog is new territory for me. I just got on Facebook about three weeks ago and still trying to adapt to that. I am a baby boomer and the old ways of communicating were in person and by phone. We did not have e-mail, twitter.com, internet, myspace.com etc at our disposal. I love the new stuff. I can disseminate information, words of cheer, a joke, well wishes or a quick note to many in a very short period of time. Don't get me wrong. My preferred mode of communication is in person. However, a reminder to all of us in our hurriedness. We must continue to come face-to-face to talk, to interview, to communicate in order to maintain, nurture and/or form relationships.
Why am I establishing this blog? Many reasons. Let me try to explain some of them. First of all, I feel called by God. Career counseling is my passion and it is a gift. My vocation has not come from willfulness but from listening. I am doing what I love with my gift. Secondly, we are in unprecedented times right now with our economy. Job loss is high. Homes are being foreclosed on, stock market is down 50%, many have lost their retirement funds or have seen their retirement funds decline drastically. Sometimes we operate out of fear or "what if" and find ourselves paralyzed.
I want to help. I want to give you tools that will assist you in feeling in control of your present or your future job search whether you are a new college graduate, a career changer, or just want to do something different. The better prepared you are, the more likely you will find a job, a career, a vocation. With that said...............let's get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment